MRS. F. B. KENNEDY
Mrs. F. B. Kennedy
BBA Hons (EUSL), MBA (UoR)
Senior Lecturer in Management
Department of Management
Faculty of Commerce and Management
Telephone: +94 65 224 0490 (Office), +94 65 222 3050 (Res)
Full Name : F.B.Kennedy
Permanent Address : 54/14 Music Lane, Tharmarakerny, Batticaloa
Official Address : Department of Management, Eastern University, Chenkalady, 30350, Sri Lanka
Academic Position : Senior Lecturer Grade II
Academic Qualifications :
- Reading for PhD in Management, Faculty of Management and Finance, University of Colombo, 2015
- Master of Business Administration 2009, Rajarata University, Sri Lanka (RUSL).
- Bachelor of Business Administration 2nd Class Upper Division 1999 Eastern University Sri Lanka (EUSL).
Nationality : Sri Lankan
Date of Birth : 6th June 1975
Gender : Female
Marital Status : Married
- Thivyashiny, S. and Kennedy, F.B., ‘A Study on the influence of promotional mix and personal factors on urban consumers buying decisions towards fast food special reference to Dehiwala Divisional Secretariat area’ Co-authored in TRInCo 2016 at 1st International Conference in Trincomalee campus, 15th September, 2016
- Thivyashiny, S. and Kennedy, F.B., ‘Personal Factors and Consumers’ Buying Decisions’ Co-authored, 5th International Conference on Management and Economics, University of Ruhunu, 26th August, 2016
- Rajeswaran, N, and Kennedy, F.B, ‘The emerging radical change in consumer culture: Credit Card use and compulsive buying tendencies among staff grade officers’ Co-authored Journal of Business Studies, Vol 1, 2015
- Kennedy, F.B “The effect of Personality on Impulsive and compulsive buying behaviour’, 5th International Symposium, South Eastern University of Sri Lanka, 2015
- Saranya, S and Kennedy, F.B, “Consumer attitude towards fast food consumption’ Journal of Business Studies, University of Jaffna, Sri Lanka, Vol 1(1) 2015
- Dilani, T. and Kennedy, F.B ‘A study on the Impact of Consumer Relationship Management on Consumer Satisfaction’ special reference of Mobile Networks. Journal of Business Studies, University of Jaffna, Sri Lanka, Vol 1(2) 2015
- Kennedy, F.B “Consumer Impulse Buying Behaviour of Apparels” International Conference, Wayamba University of Sri Lanka, Sri Lanka, 2014.
- Kennedy, F.B and Maheswaranathan, S. “Women Issues: Migrant Workers and their lives” Co-authored, 4th International Conference on Business and Information, University of Kelaniya, 2013
- Kennedy, F.B, and Kennedy, J. (2011). Redefining the term Micro Credit. International Conference, Bharathidasan Institute of Management, India.
- Kennedy, F.B, and Maheswaranathan, S. (2010). The Roles of Microfinance in Poverty Reduction in Eravur Pattu D.S Division. International Conference, Annamalai University, Chithamparam, India.
- Suresh, J. and Kennedy, F.B, (2010). A study on the perception of salary differences and goal realization: Focus on the employees of an Academic Institution. International Conference, Annamalai University, Chithamparam, India, 2010.
- Kennedy, F.B, (2010). Gaps in the Framework: Women livelihood and Micro Credit Programme. Presented, Symposium, Suriya Women Development Centre.
- Kennedy, F.B, and Maheswaranathan, S. (2010). Impact of Micro-Credit Programs on Eliminating Economic Hardship of Women. International Conference, University of Kelaniya,
- Rajeswaran, N, and Kennedy, F.B, (2010). Impact of Compulsive Buying Behaviour in Credit Card, International Conference, University of Kelaniya.
- Kanagasingam, V, and Kennedy, F.B, (2006). A Study on Factors influencing failure of Women’s Entrepreneurship in the Batticaloa District. International Conference, EUSL.
- Kennedy, F.B, Kanagasingam, V, (2006). Impact of Tsunami Disaster on Tourism as an Industry in Eastern Province. Annual Research Session, EUSL.
- “md;G” (Love), Thondan, September 2011, ISSN 2012 – 6352.
- “cs;Suhl;rp kd;wq;fspy; ngz;fs; gq;fspg;gpd; mtrpak;” (The Importance of Women Participation in Local Authorities), Soll, Women and Media Collective, First Quarterly, 2011, ISSN 1391-958X.
- “gz;ghd gps;isfs;” (Cultured Children), Thondan, September 2010, ISSN 2012 – 6352.
- “moF gy ghh;itfs;”; (Beauty Many views), ‘Soll’, Women and Media Collective, July First Quarterly, Colombo 2010, ISSN 1391-958X.
- “vz;zpj; Jzpf” (Think and Move), Thondan, July 2010, ISSN 2012 – 6352.
- “FLk;gj;jpy; Mz; ngz; ,ilapyhd md;Gg; gfph;T” (Love of female and male in families) published in “Soll,” Women and Media Collective, July First Quarterly, Colombo 2008, ISSN 1391-958X.
- “ghYzh;Tk; Foe;ijg;gUtKk;”(Childhood and Sexuality), “Soll,” Women and Media Collective, Second Quarterly, Colombo, 2008, ISSN 1391-958X.
- “tpliyAk; fhyg; gpujpgypg;Gk;”(Adolescence and the reflections), “Soll”, Women and Media Collective, Second and Third Quarterly, 2008, ISSN.
- “Challenges faced by executives in Public Service” published in Challenges of Sri Lanka in Future Faculty of Commerce and Management, EUSL 2006.
- “Women in Traditional Employment” published in Udaru in 2001.
- “Personality” published in Elakku – Journal of Faculty of Commerce and Management, EUSL, 1998.
Other Research Work
- Kennedy, F.B, (2009). Impact of Service Quality and Selling Task on Customer Satisfaction: A Study on the Insurance Industry in the Batticaloa District. (A research submitted for the partial completion of MBA).
- Kennedy, F.B, (2004). Study of Personality and Job Fit Theory with special reference to SLAS officers in Batticaloa District. (A research done for the partial completion of Induction Training in Sri Lanka Administrative Service).
- Kennedy, F.B, (2002) Pensioner’s Plight” for the partial completion of Induction Training in Sri Lanka Accountant’s Service.
- Kennedy, F.B, (1999) “Study of Personal Commitment and Organizational Commitment with special reference to People’s Bank in Batticaloa District” for the partial completion of BBA EUSL
- Marketing Management
- Consumer Behaviour
- Micro Finance
- Women Entrepreneurship
- Strategic Marketing Management
- Managerial Accounting
- E Marketing
- Marketing Management
- Supply Chain Management
- International Marketing
- M.P.C.S., Chenkalady Award for the best performance at the First Examination in Commerce and Management
- Merit Pass in the Sri Lanka Accountancy Service at SLIDA in 2002-2003
- Head, Department of Management from 01.12.2012 to date
- Coordinator, Carrier Guidance unit
- Deputy Coordinator/ Soft Skill (Part bTime) to the Operations Technical Secretariat, Higher Education for Twenty –first Century (HETC) Project, Eastern University, Sri Lanka
- Elected Member to Senate, Eastern University, Sri Lanka
- Elected Member to Faculty Board from Lecturer Probationary, EUSL
- Student Counselor, Faculty of Commerce and Management, Eastern University, Sri Lanka
- Member of Standing Committee , GEE