DR. T. BHAVAN
Dr. T. Bhavan
B.A (UJ), M.Sc (UPDN), Ph.D (HUST)
Senior Lecturer in Economics
Department of Economics
Faculty of Commerce and Management
Telephone: +94 65 2240735 (Office), +94 77 7066326(Mob)
Ph.D - Western Economics Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST)
M.Sc - Agricultural Economics Post Graduate Institute of Agriculture (PGIA), University of Peradeniya
B.A. (Hons) - Economics University of Jaffna
INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL PUBLICATIONS
Bhavan, T.(2017) " Human Capital as a Pushing Factor of Export: The Case of Four South Asian Economies, Asian Development Policy Review, Vol.05, No.04, pg 299-306
Bhavan,T.(2017) “Export market diversification and export performance of Sri Lanka: a cointegration analysis ", Asian Journal of Empirical Research, Volume 7, Issue (4), Pages 75-83.
- Bhavan,T.(2016) "The Determinants of Export Performance: The Case of Sri Lanka", International Research Journal of Social Sciences, Volume 5, Issue (8), Pages 8-13.
- Bhavan, T. (2014) “Effectiveness of Foreign Aid in Facilitating Foreign Direct Investment: Evidence from Four South Asian Countries”, Asian Economic and Financial Review, 4(12): pg.1770-1783
- Bhavan, T. (2013) “Policies and Effectiveness of Foreign Aid: The Case of Sri Lanka “, Asian Economic Financial Review, 3(3):363-376.
- Bhavan T., Changsheng Xu and Chunping Zhong (2012) “Growth Effect of Aid and Volatility in South Asia”. International Journal of Development Issues, Vol.10.No.3, pp.204-13.
- Bhavan, T., Changsheng Xu and Chunping Zhong (2011). “The Relationship between Foreign Aid and FDI in South Asian Economies”. International Journal of Economics and Finance, Vol.3. No.2, pp. 143-49.
- Bhavan, T., Changsheng Xu and Chunping Zhong (2011). “Determinants and Growth Effect of FDI in South Asian Economies: Evidence from a Panel Data Analysis”. International Business Research, Vol.4, pp. 43-50.
- Bhavan, T., Changsheng Xu and Chunping Zhong (2010). “Growth Effect of Aid and Its Volatility: An Individual Country Study in South Asian Economies”. Business and Economic Horizons, Vol.3, pp. 1-9.
- Bhavan, T., (2016). “An Economic Aspect of ‘Ennaich Chinthu’: A Theoretical Justification (Abstract), 1st International Conference, Swami Vipulanatha Institute of Aesthetic Studies, Eastern University, Sri Lanka.
- Sharmila, S. and Bhavan, T (2015). “Determinants of malnutrition of children under age five”, Second International Conference on Contemporary Management-ICCM-2015, University of Jaffna, Sri Lanka.
- Janarthanan,T and Bhavan,T., (2015) "Education as an Income Poverty Determinant: A Special Reference to Ghandi Nagar Village in Trincomalee District", Annual Reasrch Sesseion, Eastern University, Sri Lanka.
- Bhavan, T. and Maheswaranathan,S. (2012).“ Technical efficiency of Paddy Farmers in Batticaloa District of Sri Lanka”. First International Economic Research Conference of the Sri Lanka forum of university economists 29th – 20th November 2012. University of Colombo. Colombo. pp. 121-125
- Bhavan, T., Changsheng Xu and Chunping Zhong and Suresh, K. (2009). Does Optimal Size of Government Expenditure Exist in Sri Lanka? Competitive Management in a Dynamic World, International Research Conference publication, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Bhavan, T., Changsheng Xu and Chunping Zhong. (2010). “Nexus between FDI and Foreign Aid: The Case of Five South Asian Economies”. International Research Conference, University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka.
- Bhavan, T., Suresh, K. (2007). “Impact of ICT on Standard of Living of the People in Batticaloa District: A Comparative Study between Rural and Urban Area”. International Research Conference, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Bhavan, T. (2006). Ageing Population and Its Future Impact on Sri Lankan Economy: Challenges of Sri Lanka in Future, Silver Jubilee Publication, Faculty of Commerce and Management, Eastern University, Sri Lanka.
- Bhavan, T. (March, 2005). Strategy for Poverty Alleviation with the Use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT), Coormai, Newsletter, Department of Economics, Faculty of Commerce and Management, Eastern University, Sri Lanka.
- International Financial flow
- Environment and Sustainable Development
- Regional Development
- Applied Economics
- Managerial Economics
- Environmental Economics
- Labour Economics
- Research Methodology in Economics
Chinese Scholarship Council Award (CSC), 2008
- Head of the Department, Department of Economics, Faculty of Commerce and Management, Eastern University Sri Lanka
- Director, Operations Technical Secretariat (OTS), Eastern University Sri Lanka, Higher Education for the Twenty-first Century
World Bank Assisted Project, Ministry of Higher Education, Sri Lanka
- Chairman, Board of Study, Faculty of Commerce and Management, Centre for External Degree and Extension Course (CEDEC), Eastern University, Sri Lanka